· Ultrasound examinations:
· Pregnancy Diagnosis from 28 days after AI
· Fetal Gender determination
· Diagnosis of uterine pathologies / estrous cycle abnormalities / pregnancy pathologies
· Embryo transfer "certified team - TE09PT"
· Semen collection, evaluation and freezing
· Counseling on reproductive strategy adequate to each particular farm
· Analysis of reproductive data and suitability of synchronization programs
· Evaluation of multiple productive parameters to improve the productive efficiency of the farm.
· Support in strategic decision.
· Workshops in several areas:
· Artificial Insemination
· Heat detection
· Colostrum management
· Milk Quality
Advising on replacement rearing
· Monitoring replacement rearing
· Growth/development evaluation.
· Disease diagnosis and control.
· Implementation of farm adapted protocols.
· Adivising in heifer reproductive management
Design of vaccination and treatment protocols
Regular meetings to establish objectives and adapt stratagies - Problem Solving
· Analysis of Monthly SCC Records.
· Management of clinical mastitis records.
· Management of suclinical and chronic mastitis.
· Monthly visits
· Critical points identification (milking, animal handling, infrastructures).
· Milking overseeing.
· Selective milk sampling
· Bacterial identification and antibiograms
Trainning of the milking staff
· Staff trainning in milk quality.
· Continuous education and workshops.
24 hour on call service for clients
Official ADS work
Monitoring the reproductive performance of a dairy herd - Data analysis
Working at Diessen since January 2006. Graduated from Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, did her final internship between Cornell University and California, with a short passage at the UC Davis Teaching and Research Centre in Tulare.
In 2008 participated in the "Summer Dairy Institute", an advanced training program for dairy veterinarians held at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University.
During 2010 concluded the PAGE PEC (advanced program for management in livestock farming) at Universidade Católica de Lisboa.
In 2015/2016 did a post graduate study in Epidemiology at Universidade de Lisboa - Faculdade de Medicina do Hospital de Santa Maria.
Graduated in 2012 in Veterinary Medicine at ICBAS – Oporto.
Did his internships between Portugal, USA and Brazil. In Brazil attended a course on embryo transfer, wich was recognized by DGAV for embryo transfer in Portugal.
Has been a part of Diessen Serviços Veterinários' team since 2012 and actively participates in the management of his own family´s Dairy farm.
Is at the present moment a Master student in Economics and Management for Agrobusiness at Universidade de Évora.
Our office is in Évora,
but we work with farms all over Alentejo
Quinta da Boticária
Tel. 966 096 253